Postdoctoral Fellowships System
The Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF) system provides help up to a core of the most extremely promising scientists at a time that is pivotal their jobs. The fellowships may also be designed to secure a availability of very qualified Canadians with leading-edge scientific and research abilities for Canadian industry, government and organizations.
Will you be qualified to receive a PDF?
To be looked at qualified to receive support, at the time of the deadline date associated with 12 months by which you use, you have to:
- be described as A canadian resident or perhaps a permanent resident of Canada;
- hold or expect to put up a doctorate in another of the industries of research that NSERC supports.
- It is possible to apply only one time towards the PDF program.
- You may possibly submit only 1 application per to one granting agency (NSERC, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research CIHR or the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council SSHRC) year. You mustn’t have already gotten an award that is postdoctoralincluding a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship) from SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR.
- You really need to have finished all needs of the doctoral degree no further than 2 yrs prior to the deadline date of the season where you use.
Note: This just isn’t the conferred or convocation date indicated in your transcript, but alternatively the date on which all of the needs of the level had been met, like the effective defence and distribution of this corrected copy of one’s thesis. The completion date of your most recent doctoral degree will be used to determine your eligibility for applicants with more than one doctoral degree.
- After you received your doctorate, NSERC will extend the eligibility period to three years if you have acquired at least six months of full-time relevant employment in industry or government (experience in an institution or its affiliated hospitals, research institutions and other laboratories will not be considered.